August 05, 2012

Baked Meatballs

Let's be honest all you meat eaters. 
Who doesn't love a good meatball with their sandwich or spaghetti sauce?
I thought I would surprise my husband with meatballs for dinner, as we have been eating very healthy for our hearts lately, with lots of tofu, okra, and oyster mushrooms. I say let's mix it up!
So infrequently I will throw in a dish with grass fed beef, locally grown. 
These meatballs have a fabulous balance of sweetness and savory.


Preheat oven to 375  degrees.

Main Ingredients:
1 lb of grass feed beef
1/3 cup of chopped white onion
1 tsp of Blackstrap molasses 
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
A pinch of Santa Fe Peppers
A Splash of cream

For baking you will need:
1/3 cup or less of ketchup
1/3 cup of water

In a large bowl place all ingredients and mix with your hands.
Make small balls, rolling them in your hand. 
One pound will make enough to fill a 9x13 buttered baking dish.
Finally before putting dish in the oven, 
add 1/3 cup of water, and a dollop of ketchup to each meat ball.

Bake for 45-50 minutes (grass fed beef cooks faster than commercial beef). 
Make sure not to brown them, so they will melt in your mouth. 
 Drain the extra fat from baking dish with a large serving spoon. Enjoy with any dish you like!
This evening I happened to make a fresh tomato and basil sauce over spaghetti. 
Enjoy with family and friends! 
Blessed be the cows!
 ~Tarabud



 



2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering for these baked meatballs. I always have grass fed beef in my freezer. I order it online from La Cense Beef about once a month. Their new catalog just came out. I usually cook meatloaf, meatballs or burgers. I love trying all different kinds of recipes. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks. Oh, and by the way, where do you get your grass fed beef from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy,
    Glad I could entice! I frequent the farmers market by my home and for this recipe used Organic Pastures grass feed beef.
    Let me know how yours turns out!
    ~Tarabud

    ReplyDelete